The local history of Jettenbach is very closely connected with that of the House of Toerring. Jettenbach itself is located in the alpine foothills near the river Inn. The castle complex, surrounded by brewery buildings, is located on a high ridge above the town. In around 1500, the House of Toerring was granted the privilege of brewing beer for sale by the ducal government. Brewing had been done before, but, as was common at the time, only for private use. The Jettenbach brewery was mentioned for the first time in documents in 1426. On January 9, 1904, the company Brauhaus Jettenbach was registered in the commercial register of the local court in Traunstein. The owner of the sole proprietorship was His Excellency Hans Veit, Count of Toerring-Jettenbach, estate and brewery owner, Munich. After the acquisition of the Hofbrauhaus Freising in December 1998 by the counts of Toerring-Jettenbach, the production was relocated to Freising.